“And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also” (2 Tim. 2:2).
That’s why Rocky Creek Baptist Church is partnering with Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary to equip more disciple-makers.
The Equip Network seeks to empower local churches and ministry organizations to take an active role in the theological education of their students. With our partnership with Southeastern, a degree-seeking student will be able to earn up to 36 hours of practical graduate-level, seminary (through Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) or collegiate credits (through the College at Southeastern) and practical ministry experience.
While a student cannot fulfill all degree requirements at Rocky Creek, we will serve as a satellite campus where students can receive a significant portion of any graduate or undergraduate degree through Southeastern. This partnership allows a student to benefit by obtaining seminary or collegiate credit from the local church but also allows them opportunities to serve the local church and establish significant ministry experience. Each course is part-classroom setting and part-ministry setting. This seminary hybrid experience will benefit the students and the church at large.
- Fall 2017 – Bible Exposition I: Hermeneutics and Preparation Practicum (PRS 6101)
- Spring 2018 – Personal Discipleship and Disciplemaking Practicum (EVA 6611)
- Summer 2018 – Developing a Church Planting Methodology Practicum (MIS6551)
- While all church members can audit these courses with no registration or fees required, those who are degree-seeking must enroll with Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. You can apply here.
- For those with a bachelor’s degree, you can apply to Southeastern for a master’s degree in seminary. There are many options of degrees that this program works well with but for other options, you will need to contact the seminary directly.
- For those seeking or currently in the process of earning a bachelor’s degree, you can dual enroll in your school and the College at Southeastern so that these courses can count towards your degree requirement.
- In addition to applying to Southeastern, we need your declaration of intent with the church. You can fill out the simple form for more information below.
- The first class will begin on Sunday, August 27th at 6PM in the Fellowship Hall. The primary meeting time will be on Sundays at 6PM.
- Each course will have the syllabus available at least 4 weeks ahead of the first class period.
For those who are seeking a ministry position, missionary assignment, or further theological education, we pray we can help equip you for the work of the ministry (Eph. 4:12).