We are currently reading through the book of Acts, which describes the events of the early church. This week we’ll see how God uses Paul to spread the Gospel. We’ll read through Acts Monday to Friday, and then on Saturday and Sunday, we’ll focus on the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups and the Sunday sermon. Please consider the questions below regarding the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups.
- Sunday, December 10 – Matthew 1:18-25
- Monday, December 11 – Acts 19:1 – 20:38
- Tuesday, December 12 – Acts 21:1 – 22:29
- Wednesday, December 13 – Acts 22:30 – 24:27
- Thursday, December 14 – Acts 25:1 – 26:32
- Friday, December 15 – Acts 27:1 – 28:31
- Saturday, December 16 – Acts 4:32 – 5:11
List characteristics of the early church.
Do these verses describe the modern day church? Why or why not?
How did the early church see itself? Do we see ourselves that way?
What motivated the church to display radical generosity?
How are you displaying unity, generosity, kindness, and grace?
Who would you most identify with in the passage? Why?
Do you struggle with actions or attitudes more? Why?
What should be our attitude in giving?
What lessons about God can be learned from the interaction with Ananias and Sapphira?
- Sunday, December 17 – Revelation 12:1-17
We will make posts on our website and app on Sunday mornings that outline the Bible reading plan for the rest of the week. Or you can view the entire Bible Reading Plan for November 28 to March 31 here.