As we approach Christmas we’ll spend some time looking at the birth narrative in the gospels. May God prepare our hearts to celebrate the greatest give ever. We’ll read selected passages in Luke and John during the week, and then on Saturday and Sunday, we’ll focus on the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups and the Sunday sermon. Please consider the questions below regarding the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups.
- Sunday, December 17 – Revelation 12:1-17
- Monday, December 18 – Psalm 18; Proverbs 18
- Tuesday, December 19 – John 1:1-18
- Wednesday, December 20 – Luke 1:5-38
- Thursday, December 21 – Luke 1:39-56
- Friday, December 22 – Luke 1:57-80
- Saturday, December 23 – Philippians 2:1-11
What should our focus be at Christmas (and other times of year as well)?
What attitude/mind should we have?
What things did Jesus set aside?
Have you ever encountered someone giving up their rights and/or comfort for the sake of others? How did you feel?
Is obedience hard?
Is there a connection between humility and obedience?
Does your obedience to God cost you anything as a Christian?
How does this passage affect your view of Christmas? Each day you live?
- Sunday, December 24 – Matthew 2:1-18
We will make posts on our website and app on Sunday mornings that outline the Bible reading plan for the rest of the week. Or you can view the entire Bible Reading Plan for November 28 to March 31 here.