Christmas is tomorrow! We have been waiting to celebrate the birth of Jesus. This week we’ll discover what happened at Jesus’ birth and some events after His birth. We’ll read in Matthew and Luke during the week, and then on Saturday and Sunday, we’ll focus on the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups and the Sunday sermon. Please consider the questions below regarding the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups.
- Sunday, December 24 – Matthew 2:1-18
- Monday, December 25 – Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 2:1-20
- Tuesday, December 26 – Luke 2:21-39
- Wednesday, December 27 – Matthew 2:1-23
- Thursday, December 28 – Luke 2:40-52
- Friday, December 29 – Psalm 29; Proverbs 29
- Saturday, December 30 – Acts 6:8 – 7:60
Why is Stephen, an untrained scholar, able to confound those in the synagogue?
Have you ever suffered for sharing truth?
What lies are propagated about believers today?
What parallels are there between Stephen and Jesus?
Are you more like Stephen or the Sanhedrin? Are you aware of what God is doing or are you resistant to Him because He might be working in a way you don’t expect?
Contrast being full of the Spirit and not being full of the Spirit.
Has the Holy Spirit sustained you in a trial?
How does Stephen behave like Jesus in his death?
Are you willing to suffer for the furtherance of the Gospel?
- Sunday, December 31 – 1 Samuel 7:1-17
We will make posts on our website and app on Sunday mornings that outline the Bible reading plan for the rest of the week. Or you can view the entire Bible Reading Plan for November 28 to March 31 here.