One year is ending and another year is beginning. During the next few months Pastor Travis will be preaching through Colossians. We’ll read through this book during the week to prepare us for this study, and then on Saturday and Sunday, we’ll focus on the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups and review the book of Colossians for the Sunday sermon. Please consider the questions below regarding the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups.
- Sunday, December 31 – 1 Samuel 7:1-17
- Monday, January 1 – Psalm 1; Proverbs 1
- Tuesday, January 2 – Colossians 1:1-29
- Wednesday, January 3 – Colossians 2:1-23
- Thursday, January 4 – Colossians 3:1 – 4:1
- Friday, January 5 – Colossians 4:2-18
- Saturday, January 6 – Acts 8:26-40
How is God working to orchestrate a meeting between Philip and an Ethiopian at just the right time?
Do you always obey God, even if it may not make sense to you?
What do you learn about the Ethiopian?
Are you ready to take God’s Word to those who need a greater understanding of it?
Who do you know that needs to hear truth about God?
How can we cultivate a heart willing to respond obediently to the Spirit’s leading, no matter the risks?
What does this passage teach us about the importance of knowing God’s Word?
How would you share Jesus with someone?
- Sunday, January 7 – Colossians 1:1 – 4:18
We will make posts on our website and app on Sunday mornings that outline the Bible reading plan for the rest of the week. Or you can view the entire Bible Reading Plan for November 28 to March 31 here.