Rocky Creek Children’s Ministry Update
March 1, 2018
“I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.” Galatians 2:20
Note from Joy Regarding the Kids’ Secret Mission Night
Join with other Rocky Creek families of children on Sunday evening, March 18, as we celebrate the ministry and legacy of North American missionary, Annie Armstrong. Not only will our event involve fun facts about Annie Armstrong, but we will also engage in secret family mission projects beyond our campus and will end up at Fuddruckers for supper to eat together while we give reports about our secret adventures. Our event will begin at 4:00 p.m. and will end at 5:30 p.m. Invite other families with children to attend this event with your family. Please sign up by Sunday, March 11, to give us time to make sure we have enough individual mission projects ready for family groups. Go to the link below to sign up as soon as possible.
Praying for you and your families.
Game On – 2018 VBS – June 10-14 from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
The 2018 NFL draft will take place in April at the AT&T Stadium, but there is a more important draft happening right here at Rocky Creek with the drafting of teams for this summer’s VBS.
Check your calendars and hold June 10-14 open so you can be part of GAME ON!
Sign up with the following link:
Miracles & Missions Family Mission Trip
Please be in prayer for the families and leaders listed below who will be participating in the Miracles and Missions Family Mission Trip. If you thought you had signed up and do not see your name on the list below, please call Joy Emery at 615-364-5235 as soon as possible.
- Agnew – Travis, Amanda, Obadiah, Eli, Gloria
- Cash – Brett, Ginger, Landon, Wyatt
- DeBellefeuille – Mike, Julie, Jean, Marc
- Dubose – Mark, Lisa, Ryan
- Davis – Jennifer
- Emery – Chris, Joy, Kristen, Brandon
- Lark – Darrell, Melissa, Caleb, Aaron
- McKay – Brian, Cassie, Madelyn, Abigail
- Miller – Marty, Jen, Kenzie, Cade
- Williams – David
Invest in College Students
Do you have an extra bedroom at your house where a student could come and hang out with your family on the weekends? We have 2 guy interns and several girls right now who would benefit by having a family “adopt” them on the weekends. If you are interested but are concerned about how all that might work, just call Joy Emery at 615-364-5235 to talk through the details. Rocky Creek has a suggested guideline to share with you regarding how to make this work for both your family and the student.
Can You Share a Devotional at Upward on Saturday, March 3?
Saturday is the last day of Upward games for the season. Would your family come to our fellowship hall at some time on Saturday to interact with other local families? I would love for our children’s families to take the lead in hosting the devotional time on March 3 for the entire day. It will be good for you to come and meet some of the families who have been coming to our Upward program and looking for a church home. It will also be beneficial for you to attend the end of season event on March 4 to welcome people to our campus that night. Please use the link below and sign up to share a devotional on March 3.
Sign up to Lead an Upward Devotional on March 3:
- March 4 – Upward End of Year Celebration
- March 18 – Kids’ Mission Night at Rocky Creek
- April 1 and April 8 – No Kids’ Worship for 1st and 2nd Families Worship Together.
- April 4-8 – Family Mission Trip
- April 22 – Children’s Families Eat Together at Fuddruckers
- April 20-21 – Family Weekend Event Postponed
- June 10-14 – VBS at Rocky Creek
- Your Child Needs to Bring His or Her “Growing in the Gospel” Notebook and Bible Every Week
- To participate in Kids’ Worship, your 1stor 2nd grader will need to have his or her name tag from Gospel Group check in, and you need your tag to pick up your child.
- Rocky Creek has a livestream from YouTube on Sundays in case your family is out sick and you don’t want to miss a beat. Here is the link to the Rocky Creek Media Page on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnBt-o2Ap7MABel6ESdG0vw