Here is an exciting new Ministry that is opening up at the Perry Correctional Institution. It is a One-on-One Christian Mentoring program. Each inmate is assigned one mentor who has some similar interests and hobbies. The mentor will be able to meet with the inmate twice a month for about 60-90 minutes, as well as a possibility to participate in any significant life experiences the inmate experiences.
Here are the most important things for you to know:
- WHEN: Saturday, March 31, 2018 @ 08:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- WHERE TO MEET: First Baptist Church of Simpsonville.
ADDRESS: 3 Hedge St, Simpsonville, SC 29681.
PHONE: 864) 967-8591. The Senior Pastor is Rev. Wayne Bray. PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE PRISON. Please meet up at the church.
- WHO: Any approved or new volunteers will be accepted. This is for MALES ONLY (Sorry ladies). Just in case you did not already know, you must be re-certified every three years. If you have any questions or concerns about that, feel free to email and ask Chaplain Epps: Epps.Larry@doc.sc.gov
- PLEASE BRING WITH YOU: TWO CLEAN COLOR COPIES of your driver’s license if you need to be oriented or recertified.
- WHAT TO EXPECT: This will be an informational meeting to describe the parameters and expectations of the mentoring program. This is a new type of ministry at SCDC which has never been done at any prison in SC. We will try to get through the orientation as quickly as possible but there are some things that are required to be covered by SCDC Policy. Expect to be there about two to three hours.
- THE PAPERWORK: THIS IS IMPORTANT! There will be several blank copies of the application on the morning of the training. We will fill them out together to ensure accuracy and to answer any questions or concerns that you may have.
- QUESTIONS / CONCERNS?? Please respond to this email with your questions or concerns. Please make sure to click “REPLY ALL” instead of just “REPLY” so that everyone can learn from the questions.
“God Whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains; it is His megaphone to rouse a dead world.” – CS Lewis