This week we will look at some key passages from the Pastoral Epistles. In reading 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus we find significant themes regarding pastors. God gives pastors to His church to lead His people in obedience to His Word, and He calls on Christians to pray for and support the pastors He has given to lead us in our mission of making disciples. On Saturday and Sunday, we’ll focus on the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups and the Sunday sermon. Please consider the questions below regarding the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups.
- Sunday, April 8 – Matthew 28:16-20
- Monday, April 9 – 1 Timothy 1:1 – 3:16
- Tuesday, April 10 – 1 Timothy 4:1 – 6:21
- Wednesday, April 11 – 2 Timothy 1:1 – 2:26
- Thursday, April 12 – 2 Timothy 3:1 – 4:22
- Friday, April 13 – Titus 1:1 – 3:15
- Saturday, April 14 – 1 Timothy 4:11-16; 2 Timothy 4:1-8; Titus 2:11-14
What things should Timothy teach?
What example should Timothy set?
What is Timothy called to do as a pastor?
In the midst of persecution and those not wanting to listen to truth, what is Timothy to do?
How does Paul set a positive example for Timothy to remain strong and finish well?
What is the message that pastors (and believers) should share with others?
How will submitting to God’s Word in Titus 2:11-14 change the way we live each day in our homes, church, work places, neighborhoods, and beyond?
- Sunday, April 15 – 2 Timothy 2:1-7
We will make posts on our website and app on Sunday mornings that outline the Bible reading plan for the rest of the week. Or you can view the entire Bible Reading Plan (April – May 2018).