Personal Discipleship is our Spring 2018 Equip course offered on Sunday nights.
The course is an introduction to the biblical principles of personal spiritual growth and disciple-making.
- If you are a degree-seeking participant through Southeastern Seminary or dual-enrollment through the College at Southeastern, you will need to register through the school and then inform them of taking the course at the Rocky Creek extension. You can download the Degree Syllabus here – Personal Discipleship and Disciple-Making – Spring 2018.
- If you are a knowledge-seeking participant who wants the information but is not needing a degree, you just need to show up. While we will have outlines each week, if you desire to do extra reading, you can purchase the following books and stay with the reading by the outline provided in the syllabus above:
- Coleman, Robert. Master Plan of Evangelism. Grand Rapids: Revell, 2010. 160 pp.
- Lawless, Chuck. Mentor (Member Book). Nashville, Tenn.: Lifeway Christian Resources, 2011. 144 pp.
- Whitney, Donald S. Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life. Colorado Springs, Colo.: Tyndale House Publishers, 2014. 352 pp.
- Gallaty, Robby. MARCS of a Disciple: A Biblical Guide for Gauging Spiritual Growth. Hendersonville, TN: Replicate Resources, 2016. 136 pp.
- Dever, Mark. Discipling: How to Help Others Follow Jesus. Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2016. 130 pp.
Equip is our Sunday night gatherings that seek to equip believers for the work of ministry (Eph. 4:12).
We meet Sunday nights at 6:00 PM in the Fellowship Hall. Pastor Travis teaches through ministry-training courses.
While the courses are open to all ages and all stages of discipleship, you are able to receive college and seminary credit through Equip.