Teach Your Children Diligently
- While the church provides important spiritual environments, the most critical spiritual environment is the one in which you live.
- You are called to be the primary evangelists and disciple-makers of your family.
- “Do as I say and not as I do” will not work in discipleship.
- It’s difficult for an hour-long service to combat a week-long environment.
The Progression (Deut. 6:4-9)
- There is no god like our God.
- He deserves complete devotion.
- His Word must guide every aspect of our lives.
- We must take diligent responsibility for the spiritual formation of our families.
- We must see discipleship as a process rather than a program.
- Allow God’s Word to permeate our lives, to fill our homes, and to invade our communities.
- Stay One Step Ahead – We cannot teach our children something we have not learned ourselves.
- Plan for the Scheduled and Prepare for the Spontaneous – God uses both those moments on the calendar and those moments on the spot.
- Parents and Programs Partner Together – Families shouldn’t supplement family ministries – family ministries should supplement families.
- Unite Teaching Content for All Ages – The next generation’s greatest chance at comprehension and application is if all generations are learning the same content at the same time.
- Read the Bible Together – We have developed a Bible reading plan geared to unite our church around God’s Word.
- Take the Summer Challenge – We have 17 unique summer challenges for your family to draw closer to Jesus and each other.
- Get Equipped on How to Teach – Allow us to equip you for the work of family ministry.