This week we will look at the Old Testament book of Esther. Although God is not mentioned specifically in this book, you can see His sovereignty displayed in the events. God controls all of history, and He protects His people. We’ll read through this book during the week, and then on Saturday and Sunday, we’ll focus on the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups and the Sunday sermon. Please consider the questions below regarding the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups.
- Sunday, January 7 – Colossians 1:1 – 4:18
- Monday, January 8 – Esther 1:1 – 2:23
- Tuesday, January 9 – Esther 3:1 – 4:17
- Wednesday, January 10 – Esther 5:1 – 6:13
- Thursday, January 11 – Esther 6:14 – 8:16
- Friday, January 12 – Esther 9:1 – 10:3
- Saturday, January 13 – Acts 10:1-48
What do you learn about Cornelius from Acts 10:1-8?
What do these verses help you understand about God?
How should we respond to those today who are not seeking God in a biblical manner?
What do you learn about Peter from Acts 10:9-34?
What do you learn about God from these verses?
What does the sheet lowered by 4 corners represent? Why did Peter see it three times?
Has God ever done something surprising in your life and stretched you?
Who are you going to help by sharing the Gospel?
Where is the Spirit leading you to bring reconciliation and break down barriers? (language, culture, racial, economic, educational)
- Sunday, January 14 – Colossians 1:1 – 4:18
We will make posts on our website and app on Sunday mornings that outline the Bible reading plan for the rest of the week. Or you can view the entire Bible Reading Plan for November 28 to March 31 here.