Prayer is an important aspect of discipleship and back in February, Travis posted this about prayer. Dependence is one of the “6 Categories of Discipleship”, and prayer is a great way to stay dependent upon God.
For a while I have been keeping a prayer journal where I write down things to pray for. Many of these items include people that are sick or people that need encouragement or upcoming events. Most of these have an “ending”, or I have seen them answered in a certain way. People have been healed or recovered from an illness. Others have been helped by God in a trying time. Events such as a worship service, mission trip, or Bible study have occurred.
However, the following items haven’t been marked off my list as having been answered. I still need to pray about these and depend on God to develop them in me. You may want to pray these for yourself as well.
- have a passion, delight, and desire to read the Bible
- seek justice because I have experienced God’s righteousness
- power to share what God is doing in me
- purse Jesus wholeheartedly
- carry a big shield of faith (believe nothing is too hard for God)
- seek to be blameless toward God
- work hard, be diligent, and be intentional
- fix eyes on the unseen and eternal, not the seen and temporary
- help refresh the hearts of the saints
- grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus
- know God’s presence in His promises (promises reveal His person)
May God teach us to pray and depend on Him.