We have read through the first third of the book of Job. Job has suffered some terrible things and his friends have come to “encourage” him, but they are not doing a good job. This week we’ll continue reading in Job and learning about suffering. On Saturday and Sunday, we’ll focus on the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups and the Sunday sermon. Please consider the questions below regarding the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups.
- Sunday, September 9 – Mark 6:14-29
- Monday, September 10 – Job 16-18
- Tuesday, September 11 – Job 19-21
- Wednesday, September 12 – Job 22-24
- Thursday, September 13 – Job 25-27
- Friday, September 14 – Job 28-30
- Saturday, September 15 – Genesis 3-4
From Genesis 1-2 how is God described?
From Genesis 3:1 how is “the serpent” described?
What does God tell Adam and Eve? (Genesis 2:15-17; 3:2-3)
What does Satan tell Eve? (Genesis 3:4). Why?
What are the results of Adam and Eve’s sin?
How is God’s grace seen in Genesis 3?
Why did God accept Abel’s offering and not Cain’s?
Did God offer grace to Cain?
How does one sin lead to another?
How can we have victory over sin?
What important lessons do you need to apply to your life?
- Sunday, September 16 – Mark 6:30-44
We will make posts on our website and app on Sunday mornings that outline the Bible reading plan for the rest of the week. Or you can view the entire Bible Reading Plan (Sept – Nov 2018)