As we are reading through Genesis we are learning foundational truths and learning about key people in God’s purposes. We are discovering details about the lives of Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph. Be disciplined to keep up with the daily readings and know God more through His Word. On Saturday and Sunday, we’ll focus on the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups and the Sunday sermon. Please consider the questions below regarding the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups.
- Sunday, September 30 – Mark 7:1-13
- Monday, October 1 – Genesis 27-29
- Tuesday, October 2 – Genesis 30-31
- Wednesday, October 3 – Genesis 32-34
- Thursday, October 4 – Genesis 35-37
- Friday, October 5 – Genesis 38-40
- Saturday, October 6 – Job 1:6-22; 9:14-16,32-35; 42:1-6
What is your first thought when you here the name Job?
Have you ever suffered, perhaps even to the point of leading you to doubt God’s presence in your life?
What type of man is Job? How is he described?
What does Job 1:6-12 teach you about God and Satan? (could make a chart/list)
Why would God allow suffering in Job’s life?
How does Job immediately respond to calamities that happen in his life?
When you suffer what gives you hope?
How should God’s presence in our lives through Christ and the Holy Spirit impact our experience of suffering?
- Sunday, October 7 – Mark 7:14-23
We will make posts on our website and app on Sunday mornings that outline the Bible reading plan for the rest of the week. Or you can view the entire Bible Reading Plan (Sept – Nov 2018)