We are getting a second look at the laws of God as we read through Deuteronomy. As you read this week think about how well you are living up to God’s standards. God does want us to live holy lives, but He also wants us to run to Jesus when we fall short. Take time this week to think about Christmas as well. Prepare to celebrate the coming of Jesus and the significance of His birth, life, death and resurrection. On Saturday and Sunday, we’ll focus on the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups and the Sunday sermon. Please consider the questions below regarding the Scriptures for our Gospel Groups.
- Sunday, December 16 – Mark 10:13-16
- Monday, December 17 – Deuteronomy 5-7
- Tuesday, December 18 – Deuteronomy 8-10
- Wednesday, December 19 – Deuteronomy 11-12
- Thursday, December 20 – Deuteronomy 13-15
- Friday, December 21 – Deuteronomy 16-17
- Saturday, December 22 – Isaiah 9:1-7
If you are in darkness, what does light do?
What will the joy that Jesus brings look like?
How has your relationship with Jesus brought you light and joy, even in the midst of dark and difficult circumstances in life?
How should Christ’s victory over sin and death frame how we understand sin’s impact on us as believers?
What shall the name of the promised son be? Why?
Which name is most meaningful to you right now?
- Sunday, December 23 – Mark 10:17-31
We will make posts on our website and app on Sunday mornings that outline the Bible reading plan for the rest of the week. Or you can view the entire Bible Reading Plan (Dec 2018 – Feb 2019)