If you are like most people, you may be wondering what the will of God is for your life. What is your next step?
Be assured that there is one person who wants you to know the will of God even more than you want to know it – and that is God Himself!
He will not hide it from you, and He sincerely wants you to fulfill it. Read what God’s will is for your life in Ephesians 5:15-17.
15 Pay careful attention, then, to how you walk-not as unwise people but as wise- 16 making the most of the time, because the days are evil. 17 So don’t be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.
God’s will for your life is very simple – be wise in how you spend your time.
Does that seem too simple? Instead of questioning its simplicity, celebrate it! God wants you to be wise in what you do with your time. The days are evil. They are full of many things that can take you of course in honoring God.
You might still be thinking that you need some practical things to do. You want to know God’s specific will for you. It is found in these verses. We understand the will of God by knowing that God has already expressed His will to us through His Word.
I know God’s will for you.
- You are to make disciples of all nations (Matt. 28:18-20).
- You are never to let an unwholesome word proceed from your mouth (Eph. 4:29).
- God wants you to run for your life from lusts (2 Tim. 2:22).
- God wants you to care for widows and orphans (James 1:27).
- He wants you to trust him with your future (Prov. 3:5-6).
Do you want to know God’s will? Read the Bible. Do what it says. Simple.