May Missions Prayer Newsletter – Part 2
Continue to pray this week for our Mission Partnerships.
Greg Queen – IMB Church Mobilizer – GQueen@imb.org
- It is Ramadan most of the month of May, a very high religious holiday for Muslims. Most Muslims seek dreams & visions during this time. Pray for God to speak to them about Truth through these dreams & visions.
- Because of the COVID-19, many in Africa are in hopeless situations… famine will soon become an issue in many countries
- Praise God for how our IMB Missionaries are seeking to share the Good News of Christ, even throughout this pandemic. One of our Missionaries in Africa is being creative. When he cannot get out due to COVID-19, he shares the Gospel over the wall!
Skeeter Powell – David’s Table, Greenville, SC – email@example.com
- We are praying over our plans for summer camps and starting back to regular meetings. We are not sure what is best.
- For those who are sick to recover & those who are not to stay away & not spread this.
- Our “Normal Week of Zoom Meetings:
- Monday = “Fret Not Ukers” (ukuleles) & Bible Study
- Thursday = Lunch at the “Mall” & Art Class
- Saturday = Pancakes and discussion
- One of our leaders wrote a postcard to Fred (not his real name). Fred has a diagnosis that allows him to hear and understand but not to express himself very well. The leader received a call from Fred’s mom saying that Fred was so excited to receive the postcard that he cried. Then mom cried. And the leader cried. And yes, I cried when I heard about it. Fred knows he is loved by the leader. The leader knows that it is because Jesus loves him that he can love Fred well. Fred and his mom are learning about Jesus’ love. Neat, isn’t it!?!
GBA Prayer Partnership with North Okkalapar area in Yangon, Myanmar.
- The team the GBA has been working with in Myanmar is trying to get out of country. There are multiple issues related to visas, viruses and more. Pray that they get a flight out of country next week (early May)
Berkeley Bagwell Gomez – Campus Outreach, San Diego – firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 8 – Last day of spring semester
- June 29 – August 3 Virtual Summer Discipleship Program
- July 23 – Baby Gomez is Due!
- We had challenged our student leaders to use their social media by posting a short video of how Jesus has changed their life. One girl I disciple, Miranda, shared this story about her video. “Two friends of mine watched the video I posted and reached out to me. One of them, Melissa, isn’t a Christian and she wanted to know more about when I heard God speak to me. The other is Sam and she said that when she heard my story she realized that she didn’t know what she would say if God were to ask her why he should let her into heaven. I’m FaceTiming with Melissa today and with Sam tomorrow so I’d really appreciate it if y’all could be praying for these conversations! I’m praying that they will go well, that they will see more of who God is and that He would open their hearts to receive Him, that God would give me the courage and wisdom to share more with them, and that the Holy Spirit would be present in these conversations. Also I’m praying through 2 Timothy 2:15; “do your best to present yourself to God and others as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed, and who correctly handles the word of truth.” Miranda surrendered her life to Christ two years ago and is now boldly proclaiming the Gospel to her friends. Praise Jesus for the Gospel going forth virtually & for Christ-centered leaders being developed even in this pandemic!