May Missions Prayer Newsletter – Part 4
On Saturday of this week, RC was supposed to send a mission team to Ecuador, but because of the COVID-19 that trip was postponed. God has already opened another opportunity for this same team in the fall of this year.
Download Newsletter Here.
Jim Harrison – Miracle Hill Ministry, Greenville SC – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pray for continued protection from the COVID-19 virus for all our guests and staff.
- For staff as they balance work & home-schooling children.
- For our Nation and leaders.
- For wisdom and discernment for our Leadership as we continue to adjust to the changing landscape of caring for children.
- Proverbs 3:5 says “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding.” Philippians 4:6 says “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:19 says “And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” We have seen over and over during the last month+ just how faithful God is to keep His promises if we TRUST Him, ASK Him for what we need, and BELIEVE He will provide! We have been able to operate our shelters and continue caring for our guests. We have had no guest or staff member test positive for COVID-19. God has raised up donors to pour out supplies and financial donations so that we have had everything we need. Even though our thrift stores have seen losses in revenue due to decreased traffic and ultimately having to close, God has provided in a way that only He could accomplish. One specific example is a phone call from a business indicating they had a check for Miracle Hill. The check was from “leftover” discretionary funds. The “leftovers” amounted to more than $9000. It reminds me of Mark’s account of how the disciples collected “twelve full baskets of the broken pieces, and also of the fish” after Jesus fed 5000 men with five loaves and two fish! God is good!
Matt Johns – ReChrist Ministries, Tucson, AZ– email@example.com
- For wisdom, direction & God’s divine timing towards the home group we hope to start.
- For spiritual discipline, and a hunger for the Word within the Body of Christ.
- For Littletown, an impoverished area near us where we have been prayer walking.
- On Easter my family and I led an Easter service in our driveway for our neighbors. Four families we did not now showed up and we worshipped the Lord. It has been a little while since I have experienced such unity in the Spirit in a worship service. The people who attended were there because they wanted to be there. They wanted to worship God and be with other believers.
Pastor Honorato Paguay – Director of Missions for M.E.M in Ecuador –
- Pray for the RC Leadership Trip scheduled for August, for plans and direction.
- Most of the illness experienced in Ecuador has been in the larger cities, so those in MEM areas have been spared so far, however their churches are not open now.
Alton Lanier – West Africa Ministry – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our friend, Saliou, the school teacher, sent this message recently: We have stopped school and have to stay home because of the COVID-19 pandemic, which is increasing every day. Our government is doing all they can to stop it, but it is difficult because they can’t get people to stay home. I fear the situation will get out of control if it keeps on the way it is now. We do not have sufficient resources we need to stay home.
- Oumar stays in touch with the village, and discipling is still a major need there.
- Abdou (a former translator) has a new baby boy, Daniel. Pray for Abdou and Maelle (both believers) as they raise Daniel to love Jesus.