July Missions Prayer Newsletter – Part 2
July 13, 2020
Jim Harrison – Miracle Hill Ministry, Greenville SC – firstname.lastname@example.org
• For continued protection from the COVID-19 for all our guests and staff.
• Wisdom and discernment for our leadership as we enter our new fiscal year.
• July 16 – Overcomer Graduation
• Justin Broome is now the Volunteer Coordinator at the Greenville Rescue Mission & the Overcomers Center. But on New Year’s Eve in 2009, as he saw blue lights in his rear view mirror, he realized his life was making a terrible turn. He woke up in jail charged with his 2nd DUI. As he sat there, he began to realize that God was still with him. Change didn’t happen overnight but each day, God kept softening his heart and drawing him to Himself. After his release he began to serve in an inner-city ministry, and God continued to bring him to a new place in his life. You can read his story at https://miraclehill.org/burned-bridges-and-gospel-second-chances/
Chuck Mayo – Heritage Baptist Church, Greenville, SC – email@example.com
• This has been a good month. We added two new discipleship groups, and one intern got to preach his first sermon.
• Please pray for Lauren as she tries to return from Central Asia. For Sarah in China as she starts teaching summer school and Anna in Central Asia.
Suresh Jonnalagadda – Indian Upstate Fellowship, Greenville, SC – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Praise and thank the Lord for healing Sister Avis, and comforting the families of Sister Caroline (Pastor Suresh’s sister) and Sister Manohara as they lost dear ones.
• Thank & praise the Lord for growing IUF physically & spiritually during this time.
• Pray for Sister Sue Thomas as she battles stage 4 cancer.
• Kindly pray for our job situation.
• Last month Rocky Creek members blessed Suresh and Suseela with gifts of cash and groceries. Their thank you note reads: “Thank you all for your love, support and encouragement. And thanks to all those dear brothers and sisters in Christ who gave generously, graciously & sacrificially. I could not mention your names as I do not know (all of those who gave) but our dear Lord knows, and He will definitely reward all. Thank you for your prayers and support in these difficult times. Yours in Eternal Bonds, Suresh and Suseela Jonnalagadda.”
Greg Queen – IMB Church Mobilizer – GQueen@imb.org
• Praises: Angela and I celebrated 28 years of marriage on June 27. Hope is doing well & has resumed some of her therapies.
• Pray for continued opportunities to meet “virtually” to serve churches in making disciples and planting churches.
• A small church in rural Georgia began praying for an unreached people group eight years ago. Never imagining that they would be able to go to Laos, they just hoped to hear how God was moving there through their prayers. This year will mark their third trip to Laos. The purpose of this trip: to facilitate a leadership development class for new believers who are called to be sent out to those in neighboring villages who have never heard His name. PTL!