July Missions Prayer Newsletter – Part 4
July 27, 2020
Lierte Soares Junior – New England Triad – email@example.com
• For Framingham Baptist Church & for the return to “in person gatherings”. It has been a slow process in MA.
• Precision Valley Baptist has been holding “Church In the Woods” services to shepherd our people and reach our community during the COVID season.
• Pray for my family (Anna, Liertinho and Gabriel) as we learn to adjust to this COVID season.
• Please pray for our summer Sundays, this has been a great challenge to rebuild ministry in NE. Things are harder here.
• Praise God that up to today (7-7-20) we do not have any of our church family members who have gotten COVID-19. God has given us a very huge miracle that we celebrate every week when we check on the families and find that people are fine! Awesome testimony for a ministry that is inside the epicenter of this COVID epidemic.
GBA Prayer Partnership with North Okkalapar area in Yangon, Myanmar.
• The major pagodas have been closed for months, making it impossible for Buddhists to go & worship. Pray they will become dissatisfied with their current religious practices & seek the peace & hope found only in Christ.
• The government will begin allowing foreigners to return to the country July 31. Pray that our Company people will be able to return to their work there soon.
Matt Johns – ReChrist Ministries, Tucson, AZ– firstname.lastname@example.org
• For Vail School district as they prepare for students to return August 10.
• For a new partnership with Craycroft Elementary school.
• For Chris & Tira as we do pre-marital counseling & perhaps a wedding in August.
• At the end of June I had the honor to baptize Chris and Tira at the Hampton Inn pool in Phoenix. We celebrated the baptism through Zoom with people in Arizona, Georgia and South Dakota. It was a great way to reveal the Kingdom priority and use technology to fulfill the understanding of baptism and its celebration in the Body of Christ.
Holli Baker – Serving in Asia – email@example.com
• While we are fully committed to return to Asia when God allows, we know it will be months (at least). We have closed our apartment there, pray for us as we wait.
• Pray for our ongoing language training and for opportunities for training in leading worship for Ryan.
• One of the first people who came to buy some of our belongings from our apartment was a lady named Greta*. She knew Chun, one of our friends who helped close our apartment, and she stayed the whole day helping Chun organize and pack up our things. Greta* bought lunch for Chun, and as they talked, Greta* revealed she had just gotten out of jail for sharing her Christian faith. She had been in jail for six months, and even had to postpone her wedding. When I had a chance to meet Greta* on the phone, she kept thanking us for our love for her country. I was so blown away by her faithfulness to our Father and so inspired by her love for Him. She is even keeping some of our suitcases in her home until we return. We are so grateful for all of the ways God is taking care of us.