August Missions Prayer Newsletter – Part 1
August 3, 2020
Skeeter Powell – David’s Table, Greenville, SC – email@example.com
- A lot of our friends have weak immune systems. COVID would be bad for them.
- August 7-9 will be our “Camp David” on Zoom. We hope at least 30 friends out of high school will participate.
- July 30 is Elisha’s 37th When he was 9 years old he had a stroke and over the last 3 years has had a multitude of health problems. He lives in a group home in Cowpens away from his friends and family. A group went to celebrate his birthday. We took hot dogs, fruit, sweets, and chips. We sat outside in the shade while Elisha & his friends sat inside & enjoyed the celebration.
Matt Johns – ReChrist Ministries, Tucson, AZ– firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pray for Craycroft Elementary, an under-served school. God has revealed to us a partnership vision.
- We are fasting through the month of August. Pray for wisdom, understanding and breakthrough.
- The Lord is with us, but we ask that you pray for ministry resources. God will provide our needs, but we are honored to have you join us in prayer on this.
- August 5 – Matt’s birthday
- August 8 – Ashley’s birthday
Libby – Heading to Southeast Asia on a Midterm Assignment
- Training will be August 3 – Mid September. Please pray I will have a clear heart and mind seeking to learn.
- Pray also for my transition overseas, language training, and how to best build a community of faith in my assigned area.
- Dates for traveling overseas are undetermined right now, so pray for my country to open up to international travel.
Berkeley Bagwell Gomez – Campus Outreach, San Diego – email@example.com
- Welcome Jeremiah Corbett Gomez, born July 31.
- Pray for discernment for our staff as we prepare for a very different semester of ministry. Help us to be faithful to continue building laborers on the campus.
- When COVID hit, all of our summer plans were scrapped and we created the Virtual Leadership Project (VLP) as our online discipleship program. Through weekly training and small groups, we help our students to engage in topics like racial reconciliation, Gospel identity, leadership, etc. It has been amazing to see how God has used this program. One student texted me; “it has been so encouraging and something fun to look forward to and helping me feel so connected right now as I’m at home. I also feel like the Lord had been challenging me and convicting me about being a small group leader and placing everything in His Hands.”
Jake – Serving on a Midterm Assignment in Southeast Asia
- Pray that my country would open its borders before deployment in October.
- Training in August & September would prepare & equip me for overseas service.
- Pray that I would be patient in acquiring a new language and culture.
- That God would open opportunities for the Gospel to be shared among the lost.