September Missions Prayer Newsletter – Part 1
September 7, 2020
This week as you consider these Mission Partners, pray for God to work in their lives and in their ministries. You can download a printable version of the Newsletter here.
Chuck Mayo – Heritage Baptist Church, Greenville, SC – email@example.com
- Keep praying for Sarah and Anna overseas.
- September 13 is our annual church celebration where we renew our covenants. Pray it would help us stay on point for ministry.
Rebecca C. – Teacher at International School in Central Asia – firstname.lastname@example.org
- School has officially started back, and just like everywhere else in the world, it has been a crazy start. With all of the constant changes, it is certainly an exercise in trusting the Lord.
- Please pray for a good work/life balance – preparing online classes and video backups as well as in person class preparations are taking much more time than seems sustainable.
- Pray also that we would be able to connect with and encourage the students who are only online and stressed about it.
- Staff training included a ropes course. While we obviously love being together, this picture also gives a glimpse of the international flavor of our school. In this picture alone we have staff from Australia, the Netherlands, Turkey, South Korea, Nigeria and America. Even with all the stress of this crazy year, I can say without question that it is truly a joy to serve alongside the people at my school.
Matt Johns – ReChrist Ministries, Tucson, AZ– email@example.com
- Our ongoing work with Craycroft Elementary.
- I am traveling the first and last week of September. Praying for the people I will minister to and for breakthrough in their lives.
- For people to truly see the Glory of God.
- 9/11 – Eden’s 4th birthday
- A local Pastor recently died and left behind a wife and 3 teenage kids. Due to COVID, most churches have remained closed. However the church decided to gather and honor the Pastor for his service to the Kingdom. Hundreds attended and the service was full of worship and a strong call to the city for unity and revival. We have not attended a large worship service since March so this service was true bliss in the midst of sorrow.
Holli Baker – Serving in Asia – firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have settled our family in Kalamazoo. Pray for Ryan as he starts his worship school. He will be on a special retreat with his school September 8-10.
- In Asia there have been 10 salvations lately. We are praising God for this. Our team is not allowed on campus right now, but God is bringing the people to them.
Bryce Staggs – Interim Pastor – Cedar Grove Baptist Church in Fountain Inn.
- Pray that the Lord would send genuine worshippers to join us each Sunday.
- Pray that men in the community would step up and begin going to church. Our congregation currently has no men in attendance. As men are integral to the foundation of a family, they also need to be present with their families in worship.
- Please join us in praying about tangible ways that you could serve and bless Cedar Grove.