September Missions Prayer Newsletter – Part 2 September 14, 2020
Jake – Serving on a Midterm Assignment in Southeast Asia
• That my country would open its borders.
• That the virus would not spread among our group at training.
• Ask that we would be equipped to serve in our respective countries.
• That we would do all things to the glory of JC and without grumbling or complaining.
• Currently I am in Virginia for training for the next season of my life. During the last month I have met new friends and learned much about the work I will be doing. The original plan was to finish training Mid-September and then deploy to Southeast Asia (SEA) in early October but that timeline is beginning to shift. COVID has caused my country to remain closed until the end of 2020. So I will not be able to go until early next year. There are a lot of unknowns right now, but it isn’t a total surprise to any of us. We have been asking the Father each morning to open our countries so we can go and serve Him. I have been reminded that even when He doesn’t give me what I ask for, I can still trust that He is giving me what I need.
Kristi Giddens – Joyful Ornaments, Greenville, SC – email@example.com
• Our online Zoom prayer ministry begins this month.
• We have a newly re-modeled website at www.joyfulornamentfund.org.
• We kicked off our Joyful ornament season at ACE Landscapers Supply on August 29. While we had to cancel our annual car show, God has been good to provide opportunities to highlight the ministry.
Jim Harrison – Miracle Hill Ministry, Greenville SC – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Miracle Hill leadership as we adjust to the ever changing landscape of caring for children in need.
• Current lawsuits against the State of SC and the Federal Gov. that could impact our religious freedom. Pray for guidance.
• 9/17 – Overcomer Graduation
• Lisa Gore started looking for ways to use her gifts and talents for God’s Kingdom. She attended the 2019 banquet to learn more about MHM. She signed up to help with the 2019 Kids Ninja challenge. Then she connected with the Turkey Fry. Then she volunteered to join the 2020 Banquet Planning committee. Since it ended up being all virtual, she and her team had a huge job but they did amazing work. She started by just wanting to use her gifts for God and she now has a desire to continue to participate in many ways.
Libby – Heading to Southeast Asia on a Midterm Assignment
• For the borders of my country to open and visas to be processed.
• Perseverance for final weeks of training.
• The capability to remember what I have learned and how to apply it.
• During these weeks of training, there have been moments where I have stopped to ask the Father whether my gifts would be of any use overseas. But, the Father has not called me to perfection – but to obedience. Originally, my plan was to leave 2 weeks after training for Southeast Asia (SEA). However because of COVID, I may not be able to go until after the first of 2021. If that happens, my time overseas will be shortened. I know the Father is faithful & He knows all things. If He wills me to be home for a time, I know that there is a purpose in that time. If He wills me to get a visa and enter my country sooner than expected, glory to the Father!
Berkeley Bagwell Gomez – Campus Outreach, San Diego – email@example.com
• For our sweet family time as I begin working from home again. Pray Jeremiah will adjust easily to a good schedule.
• A recent study by the CDC found that 25% of people aged 18-24 have considered taking their own lives as a result of the COVID pandemic. Pray for our students!
• Pray for our staff and student leaders to reach these hurting students and share the hope of Jesus.
• Carlos and I are doing well adjusting to life as a family of three! Thank you so much for all your prayers, texts, calls, & gifts as we welcomed Jeremiah into our family a month ago! We are humbled that God would allow us to raise this child and we pray he would become the man of God he was created to be. I’m currently on maternity leave, but will be returning to work mid-September. Campus Outreach is about to begin a very unique semester of ministry. All the campuses where we minister will be starting their semesters online, which means most of our ministry will be online as well. We are praying for God to open doors for us to connect with new students and that discipleship of our current students leaders would continue, even virtually.