No matter the plots of man against us, God’s love endures.
The Actions of an Evil Man (Psalm 52:1-4)
- We can have confidence in God’s protection when enemies of God surround us.
- Man’s victories and boasting are temporary; God’s love is Eternal.
- An evil man will boast in his self-sufficiency while a godly man will boast in the Lord
- Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. Psalm 20:7
- The most important answer to evil is the confidence that “the steadfast love of God endures all the day.”
- Here David is revealing the heart of Deog and the heart of wicked men.
- Listen to what Jesus says about the heart. “A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.” Luke 6:45
- This is what is flowing from Doeg’s heart.
- The tongue is powerful.
- “In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches. But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.” James 3:5
- An evil tongue cuts, kills and destroys but godly words heal.
- Proverbs 12:18
- Satan has come to deceive us and to “kill, steal and destroy” Jesus has come to bring truth and heal us.
- 1 Peter 2:22-25 (ESV)
- He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls.
The Destruction of An Evil Man (Psalm 52:5-7)
- David’s confidence is in the “Steadfast love of the Lord”; the Evil man is confident in himself.
- The evil man seek refuge in himself and his abilities; in the end it leads to destruction. The wise man seeks refuge in God,
The Triumph of the Godly (Verses Psalm 52:8-9)
- The evil man is bent on destruction and righteous are devoted to serving.
- David’s trust was in the “steadfast love of God” He praised God for all that He had done. V9
- David waited on the name of the Lord; He had a hope and dependency on the character of God expressed in the power of His name.
- Today we face some of the same challenges that David faced. Just as Saul and Doeg pursued David; Sin and evil still pursue us today.
- David recognized evil and exposed it for what is was; we must acknowledge and expose sin for what it is.
- David proclaimed victory by God; We proclaim victory through Jesus and His finished work on the cross.
- David took refuge in God, not in his position or wealth. We must not think our works or good deeds will make us acceptable to God but must rest in the acceptable work Jesus.
- David stood in the steadfast love of God; We must stand in who we are in Jesus.
- The Name of the Lord is a strong tower the righteous run it to it and they are safe. Proverbs 18:10
- We must trust in the name of the Lord!!