Separated by chaotic elements, Jesus actually walked on water to reach the fearful in the boat and the needy on the shore. There is nothing so powerful that can hinder Jesus from meeting us in our most significant needs.
45 Immediately he made his disciples get into the boat and go before him to the other side, to Bethsaida, while he dismissed the crowd. 46 And after he had taken leave of them, he went up on the mountain to pray. 47 And when evening came, the boat was out on the sea, and he was alone on the land. 48 And he saw that they were making headway painfully, for the wind was against them. And about the fourth watch of the night he came to them, walking on the sea. He meant to pass by them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the sea they thought it was a ghost, and cried out, 50 for they all saw him and were terrified. But immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take heart; it is I. Do not be afraid.” 51 And he got into the boat with them, and the wind ceased. And they were utterly astounded, 52 for they did not understand about the loaves, but their hearts were hardened.
53 When they had crossed over, they came to land at Gennesaret and moored to the shore. 54 And when they got out of the boat, the people immediately recognized him 55 and ran about the whole region and began to bring the sick people on their beds to wherever they heard he was. 56 And wherever he came, in villages, cities, or countryside, they laid the sick in the marketplaces and implored him that they might touch even the fringe of his garment. And as many as touched it were made well.
Jesus Knows About Our Storms (Mark 6:45-48)
- Jesus has never been indecisive about the directions for our lives.
- We can find hope in our darkest moments in knowing that Jesus has prayed for us.
- Jesus is fully aware of our current struggles.
Jesus Joins Us in Our Storms (Mark 6:48-52)
- There is no storm so big that it intimidates Jesus from entering into it with you.
- I’m fully aware of what I am not, but I am more confident in who I AM.
- If your heart is hardened to the identity of Jesus, your soul will never comprehend the activity of Jesus.
Jesus Can Even Use Our Storms (Mark 6:53-56)
- Don’t overlook the fact that Jesus will use storms to change our course of direction.
- Entitled people easily miss the work of Jesus, but needy people know Him when they see Him.
- Jesus was able to use difficult circumstances in the lives of the disciples to minister to the lives of others.