The Daily Church (Acts 2:42-47)
As the Holy Spirit empowered the disciples, the early church was born. This body of believers met together daily and saw God do amazing acts in their midst.
- Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection changed everything.
- As Jesus commissioned the disciples in his heavenly ascent, he told them to wait for the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- On the day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit came and gave the gifts of tongues so that all people could hear the gospel.
- On that day, 3,000 people were baptized and the Church was born.
- Orthodoxy [Right Doctrine] – They daily devoted to:
- Study – You will not discover the heart of God apart from the Word of God.
- Fellowship – Discipleship is often caught more than taught.
- Remember – The most effective Christians are the ones who haven’t gotten over what Jesus did on the cross.
- Pray – Prayer reminds us that the power is not in our efforts but in our God.
- Orthopraxy [Right Duty] – They daily lived to:
- Expect – Jesus has not lost his abilities or retired from his activities that are described in the Bible.
- Share – If my treasures are in heaven, I don’t mind meeting needs by ridding myself of the things of this world.
- Befriend – A commitment to the local church is a commitment to be intentionally relational.
- Welcome – In addition to inviting people into the buildings of our church, we must invite people into the homes of our church.
- Appreciate – Be glad for what you have and generous with what you have.
- Orthopathy [Right Delight] – They daily sought to:
- Praise – God’s favorite worship style is a lifestyle.
- Exemplify – Living a holy life means that others should favorably notice your uniqueness.
- Evangelize – God uses His Church to share the gospel and watch Him convert people on a daily basis.
- How are you daily devoting yourself to right doctrine?
- How are you daily displaying right duty?
- How are you daily deepening right delight?